Tuesday 30 December 2014

NaBloPoMo January 2015

OK – some of you know that I’ve done NaNoWriMo in the past. That’s where you go through November and write a novel, or at least get one started. To win, you have to write at least 50,000 words. I started this year, but I didn’t get anywhere near 50,000. So obviously I didn’t win. I do love writing, though, and I love the challenge of NaNoWriMo.

Something else that I heard about a few years ago was NaBloPoMo. That is National Blog Posting Month. This is an ongoing thing, but it’s also a monthly event. Confused? Sorry! I’ll explain it now, and I hope it’s clear now.

NaBloPoMo started quite a while ago – I don’t know when, but it’s been going on for years. Each month receives a theme – next month’s them is “Habit.” There are prompts for each day, although I notice that the weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) tend to be free from prompts. So while the thing goes on all year, it changes each month, and each participant signs up each month.

I signed up for next month, and I’ll be writing posts for January 2015 in this blog. I hope that others will join me, or at least read my posts. This’ll give me something to blog about 5 days each week, and I can continue each month.

Here’s the link to the prompts for next month, in case anyone’s interested.

This is the link to the blogroll for those who want to sign up and be included in this challenge officially. Each blogroll is only for a particular month. So this link is just for January 2015’s blogroll.

If any of you do sign up and decided to join me in this challenge, or if you have any other ideas of challenges for blogging, please share in the comments section below.

Happy blogging! Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment